Botswana, Namibia and Victoria Falls. 2008.
We were away for 4 1/2 weeks spending most of the time in Botswana but had 6 days in the Caprivi Strip in Namibia and a couple of days visiting Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. We were able to take our time and spend a couple of days at most campsites - many of which had excellent facilities, often including a pool which was most welcome as it was very hot during the day.
We had a fantastic trip and are looking forward to returning to Botswana, Namibia and Zimbabwe.
Tsodilo Hills, Botswana
Kavango River, Caprivi, Namibia
Kwando River, Caprivi, Namibia
Zambezi River, Caprivi, Namibia
Chobe National Park, Botswana
Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
Tuli Block, Botswana
Diary. This is a Word document (20 pages)
Total trip was 5500km according to the GPS.
Our route is in orange on the map. The places that we stayed are numbered in black:
1, Mafakeng Game Reserve, South Africa.
2. Ultra One-Stop, Kang, Botswana.
3. Masetleng Pan, Kaa Concession, Botswana.
4. Thakadu Bush Camp, Ghanzi, Botswana.
5. Sitatunga Rest Camp, Maun, Botswana.
6. Nguma Island Lodge, Botswana.
7. Tsodilo Hills, Botswana.
8. Mahangu Safari Lodge, Caprivi, Namibia.
9. Mazambala Island Lodge, Caprivi, Namibia.
10. Island View Lodge, Caprivi, Namibia.
11. Chobe Safari Lodge, Kasane, Botswana.
12. Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.
13. Woodlands Stop-Over, Francictown, Botswana.
14. Limpopo River Lodge, Botswana.
15. Polokwana, South Africa.